Dr. Mona Vand is a certified pharmacist, lifestyle blogger, TV personality, and mega YouTube star. Her YouTube channel covers everything beauty, health, fitness, plant-based diet, and overall wellness with a modern twist in pharmaceutical science. As her personal brand grows, Mona aspires to grow with it- which is why she contacted me to help update her condo and breathe new life into this bare and minimal space.
Mona lives in a spectacular West Hollywood condo with amazing downtown LA views; the vibe is very industrial but her style is feminine chic yet glam luxe. Mona wants a space that is cozy and comfortable, chic and sophisticated, and looks great from every angle since it also serves as the hub for both her video and photo shoots.
We will be using my signature mixed metals in shiny chrome and antique brass, bringing in sumptuous textures like faux fur and soft velvet, adding key pieces of art and accessories to truly bring out the beautiful bones of this industrial condo.
SHOP THE LOOK
- Marble Side Table http://bit.ly/2U9uP5W
- Gold foil fashion artwork https://bit.ly/2CzvgiJ , https://bit.ly/2MoCmeh
- Lash Art http://bit.ly/2Ug2B9N
- Glitter Art http://bit.ly/2UafFxb
- Faux-liage http://bit.ly/2UabZLT , http://bit.ly/2U865uM , http://bit.ly/2DsNOCI
- Mercury Glass Votives http://bit.ly/2U7Y2xX
- Shelving Unit http://bit.ly/2Dpvx9v
- Tray http://bit.ly/2U847KM
- Bookends http://bit.ly/2DshVKF
- Storage Box http://bit.ly/2Duumpv
- Rose Gold Glassware http://bit.ly/2Uab1iC
- Rose Gold Bar set http://bit.ly/2U85ida
- Smoked Gold Glassware http://bit.ly/2U87amk
- Black Bar set http://bit.ly/2U4LGXi
- Books http://bit.ly/2U7JqyD , http://bit.ly/2DrObgW0
- Dining Table http://bit.ly/2Dtuqpi
- Dining Chairs http://bit.ly/2DsuhSW
- Faux Flowers http://bit.ly/2DsEoHt
- Faux Succulent http://bit.ly/2UcldaC
- Mercury Glass Votives http://bit.ly/2U7Y2xX
- Vases http://bit.ly/2Dt9sa8 , http://bit.ly/2Dt75Ee
- Pink Art Piece https://bit.ly/2FFkYBz
- Art http://bit.ly/2Udobvx
- Frames http://bit.ly/2U9CJMK
- Vases http://bit.ly/2Ds8POb , http://bit.ly/2U9tA6u
- Acrylic Stool http://bit.ly/2DsS999
- Sectional http://bit.ly/2U8adeg
- TV Console/ Dresser http://bit.ly/2U9yOzb
- Side Chairs http://bit.ly/2U7KOkP
- Coffee Table http://bit.ly/2Dqptxq
- Area Rug: http://bit.ly/2DqIY9o
- Floor Lamp http://bit.ly/2DqMLn1
- Brass Side Table: http://bit.ly/2DsMwaQ
- Marble Vase: http://bit.ly/2DqtphW
- Gold Pillows: http://bit.ly/2DqbszT
- Black Fur Pillows: http://bit.ly/2DtdyPC
- Pink Linen Pillows: http://bit.ly/2U6JzCs
- Cream Faux Fur Throw: http://bit.ly/2DsIvDi
- Spotted Leopard Fur Throw: http://bit.ly/2DtqrsX
- Black Fur Chair Cover: http://bit.ly/2U7Tsjf
- Art Work http://bit.ly/2U5eMGf , http://bit.ly/2Dsvbil
- Full Length Mirror http://bit.ly/2U8yjFB
- Sofa Tables http://bit.ly/2DqAOh6
- Shelving https://bit.ly/2DspzEN
- Faux-liage http://bit.ly/2UabZLT , http://bit.ly/2U865uM
- Side Table http://bit.ly/2Duy9Df
- Desk http://bit.ly/2U7FPAD
- Plant http://bit.ly/2DtpbpC
- Pink Velvet Duvet http://bit.ly/2DtoRaC
- Shaggy White Pillows http://bit.ly/2Dt8VoE
- Ikea Kallax https://bit.ly/2WcScx2
- Drapery http://bit.ly/2DtnzfF
- Tension Rod http://bit.ly/2UbNrSW
- Day Bed http://bit.ly/2U940yS
- Mattress http://bit.ly/2U6q0KI
- TVs should never be the focal point of a room. Unless it’s your theater, lol. Try anchoring the TV wall with a console underneath to balance out the visual weight of the TV.
- Your entry is the first introduction into your home: a space to drop your keys, sort mail- a landing zone before you enter the home. Style it with a side table, a catchall for keys, some greenery for color, and artwork to show more of yourself.
- Mixing metals like aged brass and shiny chrome can instantly brighten up a space while keeping it modern and sophisticated. Too much chrome can feel stark while too much brass can feel very traditional. Mixed metals balance each other out creating beautiful harmony.
- Display your personal items (yes, even beauty products) so you know what you have and you will be more likely to use what you see.
- Visit your favorite retail store or chic boutique for storage and organization inspiration. Pay attention to the way they display everyday items and mimic that look in your own home.
- Before you throw anything out, think of repurposing previously loved items in fresh, new, exciting ways!
What the Pros KNOW:
- Function first! Often times, simply rearranging your furniture will change the entire vibe of your home. Position furniture in relation to the room (long vs short sides) to maximize the square footage.
- Small space solutions: Buy furniture pieces that can be used in multiple ways. The TV console can also double as a dresser, writing desk can also double as a makeup vanity area.
- Shelving does not equal clutter. When styled correctly, shelves and bookcases are some of my favorite ways to display your personality in a space.
- Area rugs are made to define an area. Purchase the largest rug you can find for the room. Typically 8×10’s are always too small for a living room.
- Before hiring a professional, understand your lifestyle so the finished result functions exactly how you need it to.
STYLE REVIVAL is my new series on YouTube that solves a common problem most people have when it comes to interior design and decoration. You know what you like, know the vibe you’re after, have key furniture pieces already in place, but trouble comes when you are trying to pull it all together for one cohesive look.
Check out our my latest YouTube collaboration with Dr. Mona Vand!